Warm Lentil Salad Speckled w/ Kale and Pomegranate Seed
Write a review
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ¼ cup small green lentils (8 oz.), rinsed
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 shallots, minced
- 4 tablespoons of sherry vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pomegranate, seeded 6-8 dinosaur kale leaves, sliced into thin ribbons (as thin
- as possible!)
- 1 small bunch of chives or a couple of scallions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Lightly coat the bottom of a medium sauce pan with extra virgin olive oil and
- heat over medium high flame.
- 2. Add onion, carrot, garlic, and sauté about 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- 3. A dd lentils, herbs and a fat pinch of salt and cover with water. Simmer about
- 25 minutes or until lentils are done. Discard the herbs and drain any excess
- water if there is any.
- 4. In a separate bowl, combine shallots, vinegar, and oil and season with salt
- and pepper. Whisk all ingredients together and then pour the dressing over the
- warm lentils.
- 5. Stir in kale ribbons and pomegranate seeds.
- 6. Dress the warm lentils and taste for seasoning.
- 7. Serve at room temperature and garnish with chives!
Erika Fore http://ahimsawellnesspractice.com/