Soon-to-Be World-Famous Granola!
A delicious, protein-packed granola that's great by itself to curb sweet cravings, or indulged in with some yogurt or milk!
Write a review
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (you can also use nuts if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest (fresh or dried)
- 1/4 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1/4 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup maple syrum
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine all ingredients, in order listed, in large bowl
- Mix until evenly coated with spices and syrup
- Spread in a baking sheet (mine was 8x11 - if yours is bigger, no worries). Use the back of a spoon to press mixture evenly into baking sheet. You only want the spread to be about 1/2 an inch thick.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on your oven and baking sheet. Check after 10 minutes to ensure nothing is burning. You want your mixture to be nice brown, but nothing burned.
- After fully cooked, remove pan and use a fork to break up the mixture into chunks. Let mixture cool completely before eating or storing.
Erika Fore http://ahimsawellnesspractice.com/