Delicious and Easy Thumbprint Cookies
Write a review
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup corn or safflower oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- Fruit-sweetened jam of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine oats and almonds in a blender or food processor and blend until they have the consistency of flour.
- Add to a large bowl with spelt flour.
- In a small bowl mix together the oil, maple and brown rice syrup.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well.
- Make 1-inch balls with your hands and press flat onto a cookie sheet.
- Make an indentation with your thumb into the center of each cookie.
- Fill each cookie with a teaspoon of jam.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!
- Make these cookies without the jam and use as a pie crust, or bake and crumble as a topping for frozen desserts.
Erika Fore http://ahimsawellnesspractice.com/