Baked Stuffed Bell Peppers
Write a review
- 2 cups cooked grain (brown rice, quinoa, millet)
- 2/3 cup crushed almonds or walnuts
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 4 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 4 bell peppers (green, red, or yellow)
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or ghee
- salt to taste
- 1. Sauté onion and garlic with oil for 1 minute.
- 2. Add celery and sauté for 3 minutes.
- 3. Mix with remaining ingredients, except peppers and crushed nuts.
- 4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 5. Cut off tops of peppers and scoop out insides.
- 6. Steam peppers until slightly tender.
- 7. Fill each with stuffing and top with crushed nuts.
- 8. Place in casserole dish with 1/8 inch water, bake in oven for 30 minutes
- and serve.
Erika Fore http://ahimsawellnesspractice.com/